Hello and welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop! On this eighth day of Christmas, we are sharing cookie recipes. You can’t have Christmas without Christmas cookies, right? I am sharing a recipe for Hot Cocoa Peppermint Cookies! You may have seen these yesterday featured on my Disney inspired hot cocoa bar. They were the perfect addition to it!
You can find the cookie recipe below and at the bottom of the post, check out all the other great cookie recipes from the many talented bloggers we have joining us for this blog hop.
If you want to check out any of the other 11 days, you can find them here:
- Day 1 – DIY Ornament | Wooden Bead Christmas Trees
- Day 2 – DIY Cone Christmas Trees
- Day 3 – Abstract Snowman DIY
- Day 4 – Sugared Cranberries and Rosemary Cupcakes
- Day 5 – Dollar Store Craft | Sparkly Gem Christmas Tree
- Day 6 – Christmas Gift Exchange Ideas
- Day 7 – Disney Inspired Hot Cocoa Bar
- Day 9 – DIY Christmas Magnolia Wreath
- Day 10 – Silver and Gold Christmas Tablescape
- Day 11 – Christmas Front Porch Decor
- Day 12 – Silver, Gold and Light Green Snowy Christmas Tree
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
If you love chocolate and peppermint, then you have got to try these cookies! They are heavenly! I got the recipe from a friend and everyone in our house says, “Thank you!!” 🙂
Aren’t these mugs cute? I borrowed them from my mom when I was still deciding which way to go on my hot cocoa bar. Ultimately, Disney won out. Sorry, Mom! However, I thought they would be perfect to feature holding some milk to go with the cookies. 😉
The frosting for the cookies is soooooooo good! It has a cream cheese taste with a little peppermint flavor. Yum!
It looks like Mr. Wonderful couldn’t wait to try one until the picture session was over! Ha! I bet that is the hardest part of being a blogger’s family. They are tortured by the great smells of what you are making but they don’t get to have the treats until you are done photographing them. 🙂
- 1 Box of Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs, but do not overmix
- Bake for 9 minutes at 375 degrees
- Whip butter for 8 minutes at medium speed
- Add salt, peppermint, cream and 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Beat for 1 minute on low and 3 minutes on medium speed
- And the remaining powdered sugar. Beat on low for 1 minute and then medium speed for 5 minutes
- Frost cookies
- Crush candy canes and sprinkle topping on the frosted cookies
See you tomorrow for the ninth day of Christmas!
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!